Online Professional Education for Physiotherapists and other healthcare professionals on Domestic Violence
KA220-VET – Cooperation partnerships in vocational education and training
OPEP-DV focuses on professional education and training of physiotherapy professionals working with women so that they can identify and provide assistance to victims of domestic violence (DV). The project’s goal is to develop a standalone training course and an online education module on domestic violence for current and future physiotherapists and other healthcare workers (e.g., nurses, midwives and care workers) working closely and regularly with female patients.
• Report on physiotherapy and Domestic Violence – Studying the training, operating contexts and current attitudes of health care workers, especially physiotherapists in each partner country and propose solutions to address these gaps
• Training Program for physiotherapists and other health care professionals working with victims of violence
• Online Training Course (MOOC) for physiotherapists and other healthcare professionals who come across patients who may be victims of violence.
• University of Tartu – Estonia
• Women’s Support and Information Centre (WSIC) – Estonia
• UNION OF WOMEN ASSOCIATIONS OF HERAKLION PREFECTURE (UWAH)– Greece
• Mediterranean Institute of Gender Studies (MIGS)– Cyprus
• M&M Profuture Training, S.L – Spain
• Tartu Health Care College – Estonia